COMPANY HISTORY OF GOODCHILD MEATS
Fred Goodchild established a meat company in 1948, with a partner Bob Williams, trading as Goodwill Butchers. Initially selling carcass Beef and Lamb from Robbs Jetty Abattoirs in North Coogee. In 1964 Bob Williams retired and Fred and his brother Stan Goodchild formed a meat company trading as Goodchild Brothers. In 1968 the business changed to Goodchild Meats with George Goodchild and Ian Bolton appointed partners in the business. In 1972 James Goodchild also became a partner after returning from the Vietnam War. From here they built a meat processing facility, which is located in Hamilton Hill and was established in 1978, mainly to bone surplus forequarters of beef. Our boning room now specialises in delivering carcass beef and vacuum sealed products to butcher shops and various other meat outlets. Our facility has the capacity to bone and vacuum pack 100 cattle per 8 hour shift each day. Goodchild Meats also purchased their own Abattoirs located at Australind in 1978, owned by Les Pike and Family.
We are proud to be associated with Aus-Meat and we are currently achieving an accreditation of A+. Our facility has been certified to use Aus-Meat trade mark for marketing purposes. A rigorous quality assurance program has been developed and our boning room holds a Halal Beef and Lamb Certification. Goodchild Meats are also certified supplier for Meat Standard Australia product.
We have an outstanding team of approximately 45 team members, and a work safe environment is instilled with all team members at this facility. In 2007 Goodchild Meats added a retail butcher shop, selling direct to the public at wholesale prices. Linked to everyday low prices the retail Butcher Shop provides our customer with the best fresh quality product, direct from the South West. This family owned business has grown into a well known name in the meat industry, servicing butcher shops, supermarkets, hotels and restaurants.